UPDATE: Mobile Ordering can now accept the Disney Dining Plan!
There is a great new way to order meals at quick service dining in Walt Disney World. If you haven’t been to a Disney Park yet, just picture the mall foodcourt in December. There are families looking for seats, kids are hungry and cranky, then once you find a table, someone has to order the food… you know where this is headed.
Disney has a new policy that makes this easier. You can now order your meal in the My Disney Experience App. before you even get to the restaurant.
- Tap Order food on the MDE app
- Choose where you want to eat.
- Tap that location
- Order off the menu- it will prompt everything, including what you
want on a burger or for your side dish.
- Pay for the meal using the app- have a credit card or Disney Dining Plan ready-cash, and MagicBands don’t work on the app.
- When you arrive at the restaurant you click the app to tell them you have arrived.
- Find a place to sit and get your family settled.
- You will get a notification that your meal is ready to pick up at the counter.
- Bring your phone with you to the counter to show them your confirmation number.
Don’t think because you didn’t order before arrival the that you missed the opportunity! If you forget to order before you arrive, your phone will notify you that you are in a dining location with mobile ordering. It is still great to be able to be seated and order from your table, then just go get it when it’s ready.
This is probably my favorite Disney “upgrade” in a long time. It just makes the process of a quick service dining location so much easier- and civilized!